Tuesday, February 17, 2009

To Grandpa


Today I found out that my Grandpa Alvin Bernard passed away. He wasn't really my biological grandpa, but in truth he was there at the most monumental moments in my life. He and Grandma would come to Grandparent Day at school, and we always did Christmas Eve with them. They were always right there. I remember countless hours spent in the shop with him watching him work. I remember his flowers and summer nights on the back porch watching the sun set. I remember 4th of July celebrations and hot cocoa in the winter. I remember sleepovers and cuddles. I would always feel safe with them. Later in college I was lucky enough to live with them for a few months before I married and I always felt like I belonged there. I am so glad that I have the gospel and the perspective that I know I will someday see him again. I am thankful for their love and the impact that they made on my life. He always used to greet us with, "what you doin' stumblebumm?" One of my most precious memories was them being in the temple with me when I was endowed. Together Grandma and Grandpa Bernard enriched my life and impacted me forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment