Saturday, May 9, 2009

My Mom


On this Mother's Day, as I have contemplated the joys of being a Mom, I have thought a lot about my own Mom. I have been blessed to have a Mom who truly put myself and my siblings first in everything. Even now when the chips are down and I struggle, my Mom is quick to offer help or try and help me see the positive. I am the Mother that I am today because of the Mom that she has been to me. I have learned so much at her hands. I have learned to cook, clean, sew, canning, and many other things. But by far the greatest things I have learned from my Mom are of a spiritual nature; I have learned love, compassion, true service, and selflessness. I have seen my Mom give without a thought for herself. I have been one to whom she has given so freely. She is a wonderful Mother, and Grandmother. Happy Mother's Day, Mom!!

3 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right. Your mom is amazing. And she raised some pretty amazing mothers herself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture. Your Mom is such a beauty and so are her girls. Aren't we lucky gals to have such good momma's?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginger's a pretty perfect mom, I agree! But she's an even better friend - the most important to me in the whole world! :) Lucky US!

    ReplyDelete